August 9, 2009

Drugs and oldtimers

A typical Typhoon Sunday morning in Taiwan is not the best time to be inspired to save the world. Utterly dark outside, let me explain to you how the wind trying to get inside the house blows hard and makes nearly everything whistle like you are in a cheap horror movie from the Corman Factory. Already two days raining. We don't have the thrill of real typhoons here. There are mountains that prevent the storm from showing its real power. Not the real deal you may say. This is the stage I am in right now. Your state of mind contaminates from that surrounding you.
And then you almost feel compelled to watch again those old Guns'n Roses videos from the nineties while you are doing a little bit of exercising. Trying to aisle from the outer world I use my earphones and pump up the volume (always wanted to actually said that somewhere it makes sense). So, here I am, hoping to remain in shape and listening Hard Rock in an absolutely not recommended high volume penetrating my brains. Add some strong coffee to the equation.
Suddenly I feel 18 again, like been high with the sensation of invincibility. Hello World and watch out, I am going to eat you! That is how I felt then, almost everyday sensing there was something outside waiting for me to be done, discovered, achieved. I don't believe it was anything exclusive to me. Every kid in the process to became a man or woman experiences the same, at least that's how things should be, from my point of view.
Somewhere I kind of lost those feelings, became a grown up and estabilized my life and way of thinking. That is the politically correct way of describing the way we betrayed ourselves and stopped looking for the Holy Grail. Listening to the music you used to like then, may make you feel sorry for those forgotten days. But in my case also brings hope. There is still time. We have more experience, may be a bit more wisdom. It is only that pulse for life what was left behind and I see no medical or physiological reasons not to bring it back.
Can you call strong coffee with old hard rock music in the morning a real drug? To me, yes, it is. It is a question of resetting your spirit. Like a bad dream means a bad morning even though you don't remember what was in your nightmare or thinking about what you would do if you win the lottery puts a smile in your face that nobody knows where came from. That music makes me feel like nothing can stop me, forget all the impediments to reach whatever I want and seems as if everything is possible. It is just a matter of going for it. Because that was the music I use to listen when things where easier and simpler. No commitments, just the future awaiting for us to conquer it.
Please, somebody make coffee-rock pills so I can overdose in the morning and overcome the gray and rainy Sundays.
Life is a roller coaster. We think the world is a strange place. We do not understand it and we are totally stranded there. Finding those things that bring us to the time when we where kings help regain the strength to make amazing things or just live a fulfilled life with those we love. Because only when in the wooden suit you may say the game is over...and in my case they haven't even planted the pine for that kind of furniture :-)

No comments: